Jill’s area of practice is employment law and civil rights, representing individuals in discrimination, harassment, retaliation and whistleblower cases – from investigation, mediation through pre-trial litigation, trial and appeal.
She also represents clients in negotiating personal service agreements and employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance packages.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Silverstein clerked for the Honorable Robert D. Kingsland, United States Magistrate for the Eastern District of Missouri. During this clerkship she experienced her first trial of race discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
As an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri, Ms. Silverstein handled cases from bankruptcy and fraud to enforcing the law on behalf of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or Internal Revenue Service (IRS). In her government service, Ms. Silverstein gained experience and appreciation for the impact of equal treatment of individuals under the law.
In addition to the practice of law, Ms. Silverstein has years of experience in running a media production firm and in managing multimillion-dollar media and entertainment projects for theme parks and attractions. In her role as a project manager and producer, she has managed large numbers of employees. She has negotiated with unions and vendors throughout all stages of production, construction, and installation. Ms. Silverstein brings this experience into all areas of her practice.
Ms. Silverstein has tried multiple cases through verdict and appeal. She is passionate about this practice of law and advocating for her clients.
Ms. Silverstein has been a member of the Missouri Bar since 1984, and practices in state and federal courts.
My clients can trust me and know that I will fight for them - from investigation and contract negotiation to mediation and trial.
- Cornell University
- Washington University School of Law
J.D., Law Review
- Rochester Institute of Technology
M.F.A. Film and Photography
- Missouri Bar
- United States District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court Southern District of Illinois
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association of St. Louis Vice-President
- NELA 8th Circuit Executive Board Vice-President
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Labor and Employment Committee of Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Community Service and Philanthropy
- Missouri Immigrant and Refugee Advocates
Board Chair, 2017-present, Board member 2015 – 2017
- Great Rivers Environmental Law Center
Board member, 2016 – present
- Girls on the Run of St. Louis Board Chair, 2010-2014 Advisory Board, 2014 – present
- Congregation Temple Israel
Board member, 2008 – 2012
- Webster University School of Communications
Advisory Board, 2008 – 2012